Welcome to the Laundry Company.
“We”, “us”, “our”, or any other similar expression, means Austen Group Limited, trading as the Laundry Company, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 05700537 and our registered office is at 5a Babdown Airfield, Babdown, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL8 8YL.
“You”, “your” or any other similar expression, refers to you, our customer who is purchasing products (“Goods”) from us through www.vileda.co.uk (“our site”), subject to the following terms and conditions (“Conditions”).
The expression "writing" includes, or when we use the words “writing” or “written” this is deemed to include emails.
ACCESS AND USE OF OUR SITE
(1) These Conditions only apply when you buy products directly from us. These Conditions do not apply where you have purchased any products directly through a third party website, in which case any contract entered into will be entered into as between you and that third party.
(3) We reserve the right to amend or update these Conditions or any of our Website Policies from time to time.
(4) Our site will guide you through the ordering process. Please ensure that you have checked your order for Goods (“Order”) carefully before submitting it to ensure that it is complete and accurate in all respects.
(5) In order to confirm your Order, you will be asked, and will need, to accept these Conditions. Our site explains how to do this. When we confirm to you in writing that we are able to provide you with the Goods, (“Order Confirmation”), the contract between you and us for the supply of Goods in accordance with these Conditions (“Contract”) shall come into force. Each Order shall form the basis of a separate Contract.
(6) Once we have accepted your Order, you cannot change the details or quantity of Goods that you have ordered without our consent. If you wish to make any other changes under the Contract, for example any delivery arrangements, you must send us details in writing or call us on our Telesales number; details of which will appear on our site in the “Contact us" or equivalent section. We do not have to agree to any changes. If we do agree to any change, we will let you know if this change will require us to amend the cost or timing of the supply of Goods. If you do not wish to go ahead because of the amendment to the cost or timing, or do not respond within 3 working days, we will not have to honour the change and the original terms of the Contract will continue.
(7) If we are unable to accept your Order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the Goods. This might be for a variety of reasons, including (without limitation) because the Goods are out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the Goods or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. If your Order is not accepted for any reason, we will refund you in full for any payment we have already received from you.
(8) If, due to any fault of our own, we are unable to deliver the Goods, we will offer you a full refund of what you have paid for those Goods, and any delivery charges paid, if appropriate.
(9) The images of the Goods on our website are there purely for illustration purposes. Although we have made every effort to display the colours and other aspects of the Goods accurately, we cannot guarantee that any illustration accurately reflects the colours of or any other aspect of the Goods. Your Goods may therefore vary slightly from those images.
(10) We may make minor changes to the Goods to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. We reserve the right to withdraw any products from our site at any time and your purchase of the Goods is always subject to availability.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
(11) The price of the Goods (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on our site when you place your Order. Delivery and shipping options and any related charges will be presented to you as part of the Order process before you place your Order.
(12) We take reasonable care to ensure that all prices advertised on our site are correct. We reserve the right to change any prices advertised on our site and to add, alter, or remove special offers on our site from time to time.
(13) Payment for Goods and any related delivery or shipping charges must always be made upon entering into the Contract and you will be prompted to make such payment during the Order process. We will not deliver any Goods to you until we have received payment in full for the Goods and any associated charges.
(14) We shall only accept the methods of payment stipulated on our site from time to time.
DELIVERY, RISK AND OWNERSHIP
(15) Unless expressly agreed otherwise with you in accordance with Clause (6), we will only deliver Goods to addresses in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
(15a) Extra charges may apply on certain goods to the following postcodes: AB, IV, KW, KA, PA, PH, HS, KW, LL, ZE, Isle of Man (IM), GY, JE, TR, BT, Republic of Ireland.
(15b) Due to the size of the Rotary Dryers we are unable to ship to certain postcodes due to additional surcharges and costs. The unavailable postcodes are: Republic of Ireland, GY, HS, JE, PA1-PA2, PA4 – PA9, TR21 – TR25, ZE, BT, IV, KW, PA3, PH1, PH2-PH5, KA, AB, ZE, Isle of Man (IM).
(15c) Additional charges will apply to the following postcodes if a Rotary Dryer is purchased. You will be contacted after the purchase if your postcode falls under this list: PO30-PO39, PO40-PO41, DD, DG, EH, FK, G1-G8, KY, ML, PH6-PH9, TD, ZE, Isle of Man (IM).
(15d) Free shipping over £30 is only applicable to mainland UK.
(16) Goods purchased through our site will be delivered as soon as reasonably practicable. We will use our best endeavours to deliver the Goods in accordance with the delivery option selected during the Order process but please note that all delivery and shipping options are estimates only and are subject to any delays caused by circumstances outside of our control. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that all Orders received before 2pm on a working day are dispatched for delivery the next working day (provided that the delivery location is in the United Kingdom), however we cannot warrant that your Goods will be delivered within any stated timeframe.
(17) If the supply of Goods is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided that we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Goods you have paid for but not received and we will refund you in respect of any delivery charges which you have already paid.
(18) If we try to deliver the Goods to you and you fail to accept delivery of them within 14 days of the day on which we first try or on which we inform you that the Goods are ready for delivery, we shall store the Goods until we are able to deliver them. We also reserve the right to charge you for the costs and expenses that we incur in storing the Goods, including insurance. If another 14 days pass from when we begin to store the Goods and we have still been unable to deliver the Goods, we may resell or otherwise dispose of some or all of them. If we do that and sell them at a higher price, we shall pay you back any excess over the price of the Goods that you have already paid (less reasonable storage and reselling costs). If however we cannot resell them for at least the price that you had agreed to pay for them, we reserve the right to claim the shortfall from you. For the avoidance of doubt, we may engage a third party to deliver or store the Goods, and in that event this Clause equally applies.
(19) You will bear the risk of any loss of or damage to the Goods and you will own them from the time that we deliver the Goods to the address you gave us during the Order process.
(20) If your Goods become faulty for any reason for which we are responsible within any guarantee period specified for on those particular Goods (which you will normally find on the product’s packaging), we shall at our option repair or replace it, or offer you a full refund (subject to any exclusions stated on that product or any of its packaging). To make a claim, please return the affected Goods to us together with your original proof of purchase. Items must be returned unused, undamaged and in their original packaging. This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your rights under general law in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. All Goods will be provided in accordance with the Contract. We will not replace the Goods under any guarantee if they have been damaged or misused in any way.
FAULTY DAMAGED OR INCORRECT GOODS
(21) When we deliver the Goods to you, they will match their description (as set out in the Order), be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship, be of satisfactory quality and be fit for any purpose stated by us or for which they would normally be used.
(22) When you receive the Goods, you should inspect them to ensure that the Goods comply with Clause (21) above. If you find that your Goods do not meet any of these standards, you must tell us this in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Our contact details can be found in the “Get in touch” section on our site. We may ask you to return the Goods to us (at your expense) within 14 days of delivery. Once we have had a reasonable amount of time to examine the Goods, if we believe that they were faulty when you received them, we may (in our discretion) offer to replace the defective Goods, or offer you a full or partial refund. This is your sole and exclusive remedy.
(23) We will not be responsible for any failure of the Goods:
Ending the Contract
(24) As you have purchased the Goods online, you have the legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund.
(25) If you are exercising your right to change your mind, you must contact us to let us know. You must then return the Goods to us in their original condition within 14 days from the date on which you received the Goods. We will issue you a refund for the price you paid for the Goods together with any other payment which you made to us relating to the original delivery. Please return the Goods to us in a similar manner in which they were originally sent in order to ensure their safe return. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us.
(26) Any refunds due to you will be made using the same payment method that you used when placing your Order.
(27) We may end the Contract at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Goods to you. This does not limit any other rights or remedies we may have under the Contract.
(28) We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer as a foreseeable consequence of our breaking this Contract or of our failure to use reasonable care and skill. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Furthermore, our liability shall not in any circumstances exceed the price you have paid for the Goods, except where Clause (29) applies
(29) We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or sub-contractors, or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
(30) We shall not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform our obligations under this Contract as a result of any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
How we may use your personal information
(32) Where we extend credit to you for the Goods we may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
(33) When placing an Order over the Internet, your payment details are transmitted over a secure encrypted HTTPS network. For maximum security of our users, credit card details are never stored on our systems.
Other important terms
(34) We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Conditions to another person or organisation. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Conditions to another person or organisation with our prior written consent.
(35) You may transfer the benefit of any guarantee you are entitled to under these Conditions on the same terms to any person to whom you transfer ownership of the Goods after you have completed purchasing the Goods from us, for example, by selling the Goods to that person or giving them the Goods as a gift.
(36) Nobody else has any rights under this Contract. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
(37) If a court finds any part of this Contract illegal, unlawful or invalid, the rest of it will continue in force. Each of the provisions of these Conditions operates separately. If any Court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
(38) If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
(39) These Conditions are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Goods in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Goods in either the Scottish or the English courts.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
www.vileda.co.uk (“the Website”) is a site operated by Freudenberg Household Products Limited Partnership ("we"). We are a member of the Freudenberg Group, and this Website is hosted by our parent company, Freudenberg Home and Cleaning Solutions GmbH. Freudenberg Household Products Limited Partnership is a limited partnership, registered in England and Wales with registration number LP003997 and its registered office at 2 Chichester Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 2AX. If you have any questions about these Terms of Website Use or wish to contact us for any reason, please email us at email@example.com.
The Vileda Online Shop is fulfilled by Laundry Company and your contract for the purchase of any products will be with Austen Group Limited t/a Laundry Company, registered in England and Wales with Company Registration No. 05700537 and VAT Reg. 877305890, whose registered office is at 5a Babdown Airfield, Babdown, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL8 8YL.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By visiting our Website, you confirm that:
We recommend that you print a copy of these documents for future reference.
Thank you for visiting our Website.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms of Website Use and any of our Policies from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check them to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You are expected to check these Terms of Website Use from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained within our Policies may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
We may update and change our Website from time to time in order to reflect changes made to any Vileda products, our users' needs or any other aspect of the way we run our business.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR WEBSITE
Our Website is made available free of charge, save for any paid subscriptions or other paid services that you purchase through the Website,
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or that your ability to use it will be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business or operational reasons.
Your user account or “Your Vileda” account with us should belong to you and only be accessible by you. This means that you must ensure that no-one else, including for example other members of your household, has your permission to access or use your account and that you must exercise reasonable care to ensure that such access or use does not take place. Each user account is available to one natural person only and must not under any circumstances be registered or operated automatically by any computer programme or otherwise.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms of Website Use or any of our Policies.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user name or password, you must notify us immediately.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE
The content provided on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content provided on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Whenever our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links do not necessarily imply that we endorse those linked sites or any information that you may obtain from them. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
RIGHTS IN MATERIAL ON OUR WEBSITE
With the exception of user content hosted on the Website, all intellectual property rights in our Website, and the material on it are, as between you and us, vested in us.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website (except any content that you have generated) for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us to do so, which we may or may not decide to grant to you entirely at our discretion.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
Our Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users, including comments posted to forums. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not necessarily represent our views or values.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or sub-contractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are buying any Vileda products from us, certain limitations of liability may apply. These are specified in the terms and conditions of sale published on our Website from time to time.
We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms implied by law that may be applicable to our Website or any content on it.
We shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, however it arises and even if such loss or damage is foreseeable, arising as a result of or in connection with:
In particular, we shall not be liable for:
The exclusions of liability in this section apply to the fullest extent permissible by law.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR WEBSITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. If you fail to comply with those standards, you must indemnify us for that failure. In other words, you shall be responsible for any loss or damage that we suffer as a result of it.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting that you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your posting does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING US TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
When you upload or post content to our Website, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation in any way, nor imply without our prior consent that we have approved or endorsed you in any way.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any website without permission. We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission that we have granted at any time.
Any website to which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
Please note that these Terms of Website Use, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction, If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may bring proceedings in Scotland.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website including, without limitation, forums or the ability to upload comments (“interactive services”).
You must be aged 16 or above in order to use any of our interactive services. If you are under 16 you are not permitted to use any of these services.
Where we do provide any interactive services, we shall provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or using computer programmes). However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive services we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive services by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
You may not use our Website:
You must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Contributions must not:
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We shall determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy or any other Policy through your use of our Website. When a breach of any Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Website Use upon which you are permitted to use our Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
We exclude our liability to you for any actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
YOUR VILEDA COMMUNITY TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you would like to receive any of the above marketing communications, you can provide us with your consent by ticking the relevant boxes presented to you at the time the Tip is submitted. Please remember that you can always withdraw any existing consent you have provided by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.orgDisclaimer for Household Tips
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials for the Vileda ‘A world of amazing prizes’ campaign. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Freudenberg Household Products, 2 Chichester Street, Rochdale, England OL16 2AX.
Administrator: TLC Marketing Worldwide UK Limited, 54 Baker Street, London, England W1U 7BU.
Duration of Promotion:
Purchase Period: The period for purchase opens 00:01 Wednesday 24th May 2023 and ends at 23:59 Tuesday 24th October 2023. There may be qualifying products bearing promotional packaging still available in retailers after 24th October 2023. Any products purchased after this date will not be valid for entry to this promotion.
Promotional Period: Entries must be made between 00:01 Wednesday 24th May 2023 and 23:59 Friday 24th November 2023. All entries received after the closing date of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
This promotion is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
Current valid email address required. Internet access required.
UK residents must retain receipt/proof of purchase showing date of qualifying product purchase during the Purchase Period and that date must be prior to date of entry.
Qualifying VILEDA products: The Promoter has estimated demand for qualifying products during this promotion. However, it is possible that demand is inconsistent and stocks of certain products may be depleted prior to the end of the Purchase Period. All products are subject to availability.
Vileda SuperMocio 3Action XL Mop
Vileda SuperMocio Microfibre & Cotton Mop
Vileda SuperMocio Microfibre & Power Mop
Vileda 1 2 Spray Mop
Vileda Turbo Smart Mop & Bucket Set
Vileda Turbo Mop & Bucket Set
Vileda SuperMocio Bucket & Torsion Wringer
Vileda 3 Action Broom
Vileda Cordomatic Retractable Washing Line
Vileda Mixer 3 Tower Airer
Argos Only: Vileda DuActiva Broom and Dustpan & Brush Set
Qualifying product purchase necessary, except Republic of Ireland residents where no purchase is necessary.
How to participate:
For UK (Great Britain & Northern Ireland) residents - Instore purchases where qualifying product contains a promotional code:
For instore purchases where the customer has a unique promotional code on the qualifying product wrap/tag/sticker, the customer must enter the below information at amazingprizes.vileda.co.uk before 23:59 24th November 2023:
Current valid email address
Unique promotional code located on product promotional wrap/tag/sticker
Product and retailer specific questions:
Which Vileda product have you purchased?
Which retailer did you purchase your Vileda product from?
Is this the first time you are purchasing a Vileda product?
Customer will be instantly notified via an on-screen message advising which prize they’ve won or reward they have received and next steps. Customer will be sent a confirmation email immediately to the email address provided on entry with further information about their prize or reward and how to redeem it or how and when it will be delivered.
Each promotional code is unique and can only be used once. Any attempts to enter the same code more than once, use codes from non-promotional packs, or the use of any codes not intended for use in this promotion, may result in disqualification and all such entries will be declared void.
For UK (Great Britain & Northern Ireland) residents – Online or instore purchases where qualifying product does not contain a promotional code:
For online and instore purchases where customer does not have a unique promotional code on the qualifying product wrap/sticker/tag, the customer must enter the below information at amazingprizes.vileda.co.uk before 23:59 17th November 2023:
Current valid email address
Upload a clear image or scan of their purchase receipt/proof of purchase. The date of purchase, product description/name and receipt transaction ID must be clearly visible and identifiable. Date of qualifying purchase must be during the Purchase Period only and prior to date of entry to this promotion.
Product and retailer specific questions:
Which Vileda product have you purchased?
Which retailer did you purchase your Vileda product from?
Is this the first time you are purchasing a Vileda product?
Within 3 working days of entry, the uploaded receipt will be reviewed and if validated, the customer will be sent a unique code and link via the email address provided on entry.
The customer will be directed back to the promotional website to enter their name, email address and unique code before 23:59 24th November 2023. This step must be completed for your entry to be registered.
Customer will be instantly notified via an on-screen message advising which prize they’ve won or reward they have received and next steps. Customer will be sent a confirmation email immediately to the email address provided on entry, with further information about their prize or reward and how to redeem it or how and when it will be delivered.
Each purchase receipt/proof of purchase can only be used once. Each code is unique and can only be used once. Any attempts to enter the same code more than once or use any codes not intended for use in this promotion, may result in disqualification and all such entries will be declared void.
For Republic of Ireland (ROI) residents - no purchase necessary (NPN) route:
Proposed entrant must complete the no purchase necessary form on the promotional website at amazingprizes.vileda.co.uk during the Purchase Period by providing their full name, current valid email address and EIR code.
Within 1 working day the proposed entrant will be sent a NPN unique code and link via the email address provided on entry.
Proposed entrant is directed back to the promotional website to enter their name, email address and NPN unique code.
Entrant will be instantly notified via an on-screen message advising which prize they’ve won or reward they have received and next steps. Entrant will be sent a confirmation email immediately to the email address provided on entry, with further information about their prize or reward and how to redeem it or how and when it will be delivered.
Each NPN unique code is unique and can only be used once. Any attempts to enter the same code more than once, or use any codes not intended for use in this promotion, may result in disqualification and all such entries will be declared void.
NPN unique codes must be submitted before 23:59 24th November 2023.
Entry Restrictions: A maximum of 5 entries per person will be allowed. For the avoidance of doubt, this will be monitored via the email address used upon entry. Additional entries that exceed this limit will be disqualified and any allocated prize or reward will not be fulfilled. Maximum 1 prize type per person and a maximum 5 prizes in total per person (in each case monitored via the email address used upon entry).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for its inability to meet any timeframes resulting from circumstances outside its reasonable control, including an outbreak of Covid-19 either with its own business or within the delivery supply chain. Should a national or local lockdown affect the Promoter’s ability to meet any deadlines, it will fulfil its obligations as soon as is reasonably practical after its and/or its third-party fulfilment providers resume business as usual and any affected entrants will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotion.
Prizes & Reward:
Prizes - The prize-pool consists of the following 850 prizes (please see clause 9 for further details on prize allocation):
10 x a £1000 / €1000 e-Gift Card to spend at Halfords – Halfords e-Gift Cards are redeemable against any goods or services online at www.halfords.com or in a Halfords store. E-Gift Cards cannot be redeemed against the purchase of another Gift Card. Halfords e-Gift Cards are non-refundable. The balance of the e-Gift Card cannot be returned in cash in the event of theft, loss or damage. The unredeemed balance will remain on the card. No change, vouchers or refunds will be given on any remaining balance. E-Gift Cards can be used as full or partial payment but cannot be used in conjunction with finance. The e-Gift Card will expire 30th April 2024 and any remaining balance cannot be refunded. Halfords reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions relating to use of e-Gift Cards without notice. For full Gift Card terms and conditions, please see here. In order to confirm acceptance of the prize, each winner must email email@example.com within 14 days of the date of the prize confirmation email being sent by the Promoter (or Administrator). The Promoter will send one reminder email after 7 days to the email address provided on entry. If a winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize within 14 days of the date of the prize confirmation email being sent or is ineligible, that winner will lose the right to claim the prize and the prize will be reallocated to the prize pool. Once a winner has accepted the prize, the Halfords e-Gift card will be emailed to that winner, using the email address provided upon entry, within 2 working days.
25 x a £140 National Trust Gift Card (or cash equivalent for ROI residents) – Prize is awarded as a National Trust gift card worth £140. Gift card cannot be applied against membership renewals. Gift card expires 30th April 2024. For full Gift Card terms and conditions, please see here. In order to confirm acceptance of the prize, each winner must email firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of the date of the prize confirmation email being sent by the Promoter (or Administrator). The Promoter will send one reminder email after 7 days to the email address provided on entry. If a winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize within 14 days of the date of the prize confirmation email being sent or is ineligible, that winner will lose the right to claim the prize and the prize will be reallocated to the prize pool. Once a winner has accepted the prize, the Gift Card will be emailed to that winner, using the email address provided upon entry, within 2 working days. Winners of this prize who are resident in ROI will receive the cash equivalent via BACS. Upon winning this prize, the respective winner will be asked for its bank details via a secure process. Once these details are submitted payment will be made to the nominated account within 10 working days.
50 x a £50 Voucher to spend at Patch (or cash equivalent for ROI residents) - £50 voucher for use on any product on www.patchplants.com. The voucher is single use and any remaining credit will be lost if not used in one transaction. The voucher is not redeemable with any other gift voucher, promotional code or discount. The voucher will be off the total order value. The threshold for free delivery is £50 so any orders over £50 would not include a delivery fee (unless the customer selects chosen or next day delivery). If the total product value came to less than £50 then some of the voucher credit would be redeemed against the cost of delivery (up to a maximum total voucher value of £50). Voucher is valid until 31st December 2023. The voucher will be emailed to each winner of this prize (using the email address provided upon entry) as part of the prize confirmation email sent by the Promoter (or Administrator) within 48 hours of valid entry. For full terms and conditions please see here. Winners of this prize who are resident in ROI will receive the cash equivalent via BACS. Upon winning this prize, the respective winner will be asked for its bank details via a secure process. Once these details are submitted payment will be made to the nominated account within 10 working days.
250 x a Big Kit from Sow Clever – Big ‘Grow your own herb kit’, which includes: wood fibre tray, 30 peat free compost discs, seed packets (basil, sage, parsley, mint), information card, tissue wrapping. Winners of this prize will be prompted to provide a delivery address located in the UK or ROI (as applicable). The kit will be dispatched to the specified address within 28 days of such details being provided to the Promoter and will be sent via second class post.
510 x BIRD & WILD RSPB COFFEE, Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 200g, Fairtrade Organic Shade Grown Bird Friendly Coffee, Strength 3 – Winner will be emailed a code to claim a 1 x 220g bag of coffee (including free delivery to a delivery address located in the UK or ROI (as applicable)). Winner must redeem the prize, before 23:59 on 31st December 2023, online at https://birdandwild.co.uk/collections/bird-and-wild-coffee-227g-bags using the unique claim code provided in the prize confirmation email sent by the Promoter (or Administrator). Subject to stock availability. Full terms and conditions here.
Reward – If a promotional code entry is not allocated to a winning moment (meaning that the entry at amazingprizes.vileda.co.uk has been recorded by the promotion-servers as having been received when there are no “winning moments” available to be won), that entry shall be allocated the following reward:
6 month pass for free ‘Days Out in Nature’ – A pass for the Days Out in Nature network valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Pass allows the holder to claim 1 x free entry per booking group. For multiple use unless restrictions are stated within the chosen activity. See www.daysoutinnature.com for venues and full terms. Each recipient of the reward will be sent a unique code (the pass), to the email address provided upon entry, as part of the reward confirmation email sent by the Promoter (or Administrator) within 48 hours of valid entry. To claim a 6 month ‘Days Out in Nature’ pass, a recipient must visit www.daysoutinnature.com and enter their unique code. Recipient will instantly receive access to the venue listings to select their chosen venue and claim their day out.
The 850 prizes will be randomly distributed between Wednesday 24th May 2023 to Friday 24th November 2023 (inclusive) via a winning moments mechanic by a secure, independently-verified computer programme. The ‘moments’ are an exact time, randomly chosen by a computer – if you’re the first person to enter a promotional code at amazingprizes.vileda.co.uk on or after one winning moment, you will be awarded the prize allocated to that winning moment. The winning moments for each day (and the prize-types allocated to those winning moments) are allocated across the hours in that day at random subject to due weighting to take account of anticipated rates of gameplay at different times of the day. There is a total of 850 winning moments available. If no entry is received at a particular winning moment, the prize from that winning moment will be rolled over into the next winning moment and be available to be won then. No guarantee all prizes will be won. All winning-moments and prize-type allocations to winning moments, have taken place in advance of the commencement of this promotion and are carried out under the Promoter’s audited procedures.
For any unclaimed prizes or prizes where the award was declared invalid for any reason, a wrap up prize draw for all valid entrants to the promotion will take place on or around 11th December 2023. The winners of the draw will be selected via a randomised computer process. Winners will be contacted by the email address provided on entry to this promotion within 7 days of the draw date. Winners of:
a Forest Holidays, Halfords e-Gift Card and National Trust gift card will have 14 days to confirm acceptance of their prize by replying to the winner notification email. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of the date of the winner notification email being sent, rejects the prize or is ineligible, a substitute winner will be selected using the same methodology as above (and this process will repeat twice after which all unclaimed prizes will be null and void);
a Patch Voucher and Bird & Wild RSPB Coffee will be provided with details on how to claim their prize via the winner notification email sent by the Promoter (or the Administrator); and
a Big Kit from Sow Clever will be requested to provide a delivery address located in the UK or ROI (as applicable) for their prize. If a valid delivery address is not provided within 14 days of the date of the winner notification email being sent, a substitute winner will be selected using the same methodology as above (and this process will repeat twice after which all unclaimed Big Kit from Sow Clever prizes will be null and void).
Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are a winner. Prizes will be fulfilled as per the information provided in clause 8 above.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and on acceptance of their prize or reward (as applicable). The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize or reward acceptance or delivery of their prize or reward.
For a cash prize, it is the winner’s responsibility to make the necessary arrangements to facilitate payment into a suitable licensed bank account in ROI. The winner agrees that payment of the prize by bank transfer shall be at the winner’s risk and that if the transfer is not received in the winner’s nominated account (submitted via the secure process) due to bank error or any other reason that is not directly due to the Promoter then the Promoter shall not be liable.
Neither the Promoter, nor its agents or distributors can accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged prizes or rewards. Lost or stolen prizes/rewards will not be replaced.
The Promoter and the Administrator accept no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, misdirected, illegible, corrupted, lost, damaged, delayed or fail to reach the Administrator and any such entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
Each unique promotional code / receipt / NPN code is valid for one (1) entry only. Once you have submitted your entry, that unique code / receipt / NPN code will no longer be valid for further retries. Any attempts to enter the same code / receipt more than once, use codes from non-promotional packs, or the use of any codes not intended for use in this promotion, may result in disqualification and all such entries will be declared void.
The Promoter and the Administrator reserve the right to require customers to provide verification of their identity and eligibility including original documents (passport, driving licence or equivalent) and requesting proof of purchase which they must provide within 10 days from request. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize/reward or withdraw the prize/reward entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or entered using fraudulent means.
All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted. Entries made by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter) and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase the number of entries into the promotion, those entries will be disqualified and any prizes or rewards claimed will be void. The Promoter and Administrator reserves the right to investigate and undertake all such action, as is reasonable, to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries. In addition, the Promoter and the Administrator reserves the right to reject those entries which it considers, in its absolute discretion, are fraudulent or invalid.
The prizes and rewards are non-transferable, cannot be resold, auctioned, or exchanged and cannot be redeemed in whole or part for cash. In the event of circumstances outside of the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide (in whole or in part) an alternative similar prize or reward (as applicable) of equal or greater value.
Winners may be requested to participate, without payment, in reasonable publicity arising from the promotion.
Any additional costs which may be incurred in this promotion in the context of participation, such as internet costs and other additional services that go beyond those described services for the applicable prize or reward (for example, personal expenses whilst on holiday) are not included in the prize or reward and must be paid by entrants separately.
Your entry will be deemed invalid if (including but not limited to):
You reside outside of the UK and ROI.
For UK residents: You have not purchased, before the date of entry to this promotion, a qualifying promotional product during the Purchase Period and you have not entered your unique promotional code (whether contained on the product or applied for separately) on the promotional website by 23:59 on 24th November 2023.
For ROI residents: You have not shared the information requested, during the Purchase Period, via the NPN route (as described in clause 5(c)) on the promotional website by 23:59 24th November 2023.
You have not registered your entry by completing all requested entry fields on the promotional website correctly.
You have failed in any way to otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter, the Administrator, their agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate or accept any liability for personal loss, damage or injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize and/or reward. Your statutory rights are unaffected. Nothing shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants to avoid undue disappointment. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
This promotion is administered by TLC Marketing Worldwide UK Limited. You can contact TLC here.
Any persons taking advantage of this Promotion do so on complete acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Please note selected partners of the Promoter (depending upon the nature of the prize or reward and whether in addition to or in place of an entrant providing personal data to the Promoter) may require entrants to provide personal-data to those partners in connection with claiming/redeeming prizes/rewards and (for prizes and rewards which are vouchers) any products or services of partners which are to be redeemed using those vouchers, so entrants should satisfy themselves with the privacy policies of such partners, as the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for them.
The surnames and counties of residence of major prize winners (Forest Holiday, Halfords e-Gift Card and National Trust Gift Card winners) will be made available to anyone who requests it by emailing [email@example.com] within 3 months of the end of the Promotional Period. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse such requests. Entrants may request their surname and county is not published in the event they win by emailing [firstname.lastname@example.org] before the end of the Promotional Period. However, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
These Terms and Conditions and any question concerning the legal interpretation of these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes must be referred to the English and Welsh courts unless you live in another part of the UK or the Republic of Ireland, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (for example, a letter sent by post, fax or email). If you wish to write our address is Laundry Company - Returns Department, Units 5A, Babdown Airfield Industrial Estate, Babdown, Gloucestershire, GL8 8YL, and our email address is email@example.com. You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
You can also fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement electronically using our website https://www.vileda.co.uk/contact-page. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation on a durable medium (for example, by email) without delay.
Alternatively you can call us on 0117 330 2277 to obtain a returns number, and details of how to return the item to us, before returning the item. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Subject to the terms and conditions of sale as detailed on the website, if you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods to Laundry Company - Returns Department, Units 5A, Babdown Airfield Industrial Estate, Babdown, Gloucestershire, GL8 8YL without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
For heavy or bulk items, we may be able to offer a collection service. The collection would be made using DHL and can be arranged to take place any weekday between 9.00am and 5.30pm. This service would normally cost £12.50 (£45 for Airers depending on postcode), which we charge by refunding you for the value of the item(s) with the collection charge(s) deducted.
Should the cancellation of the contract be made due to unwanted item(s) or a change of heart, the products must be fully unused, in perfect resalable condition and in the original packaging with any instructions, in order to receive a refund.
These are the terms and conditions for the Vileda Dancer Giveaway (the “Promotion”) (the “Terms”).
1. Rules: Entry instructions for the Promotion are deemed to form part of these Terms, although these Terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, for the Promotion. By entering this Promotion you, the participant, agree to be bound by these Terms.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over at the time of entry except for employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes and any person directly connected with the planning or administration of the Promotion. Internet access and an Instagram or Facebook account are required for entry.
3. Promotional Period: Entry into the Promotion is open from 1pm (UK time) on the 29th August 2023 and will close at 23:59 (UK time) on the 31st August 2023. Entries received after the closing deadline will be void and not be entered into the Promotion.
4. How to enter:
a. Entry to the Promotion may only be made via @viledauk Instagram or @viledauk Facebook. To enter the Promotion you must either:
i. For the chance to win a Turbo 2in1 Spin Mop you must: like the respective Facebook or Instagram post, posted on the 29th August; follow @viledauk on either Instagram or Facebook; comment on the respective Facebook or Instagram post.
ii. For the chance to win a Steam Mop Plus, users must “Show us your cleaning moves and tag us in your fun and fabulous cleaning reels! Whether you're twirling with a Vileda mop, or busting some moves with a Vileda ironing board, we want to see your cleaning creativity in action.” Users must also tag @viledauk
b. During the Promotion, some entries might be shared by the Promoter or @viledauk may comment on your entry. This does not mean that you are a winner, neither does it increase your chances of winning.
5. Entry Restrictions:
a. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify without notice any entry which (in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion) contains:
i. political, sexist, racist, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, indecent, homophobic, bullying, harassing, violent or otherwise unlawful or unacceptable content;
ii. content that may infringe third party proprietary rights (including rights of publicity and/or privacy);
iii. content that represents the Promoter or its products in a negative way or could cause damage to its brand and/or reputation; or
iv. content that constitutes advertising or contains a link to a third party website.
b. Incomplete or illegible entries or entries not in accordance with these Terms will be rejected. No responsibility is accepted for entries delayed, corrupted, misdirected or undelivered for whatever reason. The Promoter shall not be responsible for loss, delay or corruption of any data in transit or any delay or failure when attempting to participate in the Promotion. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
c. Entry must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entry made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified.
6. Prize Fund: There are 6 prizes in total. 5 x Vileda Turbo 2in1 Spin Mop and Bucket sets. 1 x Vileda Steam Mop Plus.
7. Winner Selection: There will be 6 winners in total. The Promoter will draw six winners at random, on the 5th September 2023. Each winner will be selected at random, under independent supervision or via a computer program producing a verifiably random draw, from all valid entries received.
8. Winner Notification:
a. The Promotor will notify each winner of their win via Instagram or Facebook Direct Message on or before 5th September 2023. Within 7 days of such notification, each winner will be required to respond to this direct message stating their full name and providing proof of age and an address within the UK to which the prize should be delivered.
b. Each winner has 7 days to claim a prize. If contact cannot be made, or the prize is not claimed, or the correct proof of age and/or address has not been provided within 7 days of the initial prize notification date, the prize will be deemed unclaimed and the Promoter may re-award the relevant prize as it sees fit to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Terms (but shall not be obliged to do so).
9. Prize Fulfilment:
a. Each prize will be dispatched to the winner’s designated UK delivery address within 28 days of receipt of the respective valid prize claim by the Promoter.
b. It is the responsibility of each winner to provide their correct, up-to-date details when confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize claim to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for a winner failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
10. No cash or other alternative prize (in whole or in part) is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute products, where necessary, with products of equal or higher value.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption, non-availability, loss or late receipt of any prize-notification or prize-claim or a prize lost, delayed or damaged in transit or not received for any other reason outside the Promoter’s control.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify without notice any entrant if the Promoter believes, in its absolute discretion, that the entrant has acted fraudulently, tampered with or attempted to disrupt or tamper with the operation of the Promotion or acted in violation of these Terms (and any prize award shall be forfeited).
13. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Promotion (with no liability to any entrants or third parties) if it considers it necessary to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control.
14. Entrants are reminded to get the owner's permission before using a device and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant to enter the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any Internet, mobile connection or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
15. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant's sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by any entrant arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or the allocation or use of a prize. Your statutory rights are unaffected. Nothing shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
17. Without prejudice to the Promoter’s data protection obligations under relevant law, the surname and county of the winners shall be made available to anyone who requests it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th September 2023. Entrants may request their surname and county is not published in the event they win by emailing email@example.com before 23:00 (UK time) on the 4th September 2023. However, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
18. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering this Promotion you (a) fully release Facebook and Instagram from all liability arising out of the Promotion; and (b) understand and accept that information disclosed in connection with the Promotion is disclosed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
19. The decision of the Promoter in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. These Terms, and any dispute arising out of these Terms, shall be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Freudenberg Household Products Limited Partnership, 2 Chichester St, Rochdale OL16 2AX.
Subject to data estimates of Value for the Floorcare category in the UK, from IRI's retail measurement services provided to Freudenberg under the terms of the Infoscan contract with Freudenberg, commencing 1st January 2018, IRI gives its consent for Freudenberg to use the following wording in advertisements:
Vileda the number 1 mop brand in the UK
*IRI Floor Cleaning category – UK Total Market – Value Sales – 52 w/e 2nd Jan 2021